Ontario's EQAO results show that the percentage of students meeting the provincial math standard on both Grade 3 and Grade 6 assessments has been steadily declining over the past five years. Why? And what can be done to bring those scores back up?
It is essential that our kids become successful math learners. Research shows that 70% of Canada’s top jobs require STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education. That percentage will most certainly increase as we move further into the 21st century.
Children who develop math skills early, do better in math later on and parents can help nurture those skills.
Below, we've compiled all of our math resources - research, tips and tools - to help you help your kids with math.
Don't forget to bookmark this page - we update it often!
- How to find math in your neighbourhood read tips
- How to find math at your playground read tips
- Top 7 Tips To Help Your Child With Math read tips
- Infographic: Getting Math Back On Track read more
- How Do We Improve Kids’ Math Scores? read more
- Tips on Using Digital Technology to Support Math Learning read tips
- Is There a Better Way to Teach Math? read more
- Engaging Children in Math read more
- Top Ten Math Reads for Kids read more
- TVOKids Games for Ages 2-5 Teaching Math read more
- TVOKids Games for Ages 6-11 Teaching Math read more
- Battle of the Brains Fights Math Learning Loss read more
More Math Resources from TVOParents