Tumbletown Movie Maker
Make your own movie with Tumbleweed! Pick the music and scene and hit record. You have the say in how it plays!
- Take turns playing with your child
- While your child makes choices, ask questions like, "what kind of scene are you making?" or "do you think that music will make it scary or funny?"
- Challenge your child to make specific scenes, for example, as your child to make the funniest scene, or the scariest scene, and have your child challenge you to do the same.
Playing Tumbletown Movie Maker allows your child to meet many learning expectations across multiple grades, one of which is:
Language: Media Literacy
Identify some media forms and explain how the conventions and techniques associated with them are used to create meaning.
Be a movie critic!
- Print out 2 copies of the sheet found in the "Printable Activity Sheet" area.
- Have your child select a movie to watch.
- Separately fill out the sheet while you are watching, so that you can compare your different opinions.
- This activity will allow your child to analyse how different elements are used in combination in order to create a certain mood in a film.