Learn all about 2-dimensional shapes in this fun shape-matching game!
- Did you know that playing with your child helps to create a great connection between you and your child, and can also help them learn better!
- Take turns finding the matching shape pairs for Stacking Up!
Stacking Up! Helps children learn about two- dimensional shapes in this fun, engaging, puzzle-like game! This game meets many expectations in multiple grades, one of which is:
Math: Geometry and Spatial Sense
Identify common two-dimensional shapes and three-dimensional figures and sort and classify them by their attributes, using concrete materials and pictorial representations.
- Print out the worksheet found in the "View the Guide" area, and play the Shape Game described on the sheet with your child!
- Making shapes can be lots of fun! Using modeling clay or playdough and toothpicks, create three-dimensional shapes.
- Using construction paper, or card stock, cut out a variety of two-dimensional shapes such as squares, rectangles, circles, etc. and place them in a paper bag. With your child, take turns putting your hand in the bag. Find a shape, but don't pull it out. Instead, feel the shape with your hand, and try to guess what shape it is. Once you have guessed, pull out the shape to see if you have guessed correctly. Have fun!