Reading Round Up
Find the hidden words in the jumbled letters. Each word comes from a book on the monthly Reading Rangers list.
- For beginning reading, read the list of words with your child before beginning the word search activity.
- Take turns with your child searching out the words.
- Give your child clues if they need help (e.g., look across or up and down, etc.).
- Challenge your child to a word search level that might be a little more difficult, and support your child while they complete the search.
This activity will help your child improve vocabulary and word recognition skills, thus meeting expectations of the Ontario Language curriculum. This game meets many expectations in multiple grades, one of which is:
Use knowledge of words and cueing systems to read fluently.
- Print out the word search activities and have your child try the different levels.
- Look up the meaning of new words in the dictionary.
- Read the suggested books to, or with, your child.
- Have your child retell the story after the initial reading by you or them.