Explore all the elements of the Orchestra! Winds, brass, percussion and strings playing together make such beautiful sounds!
- Play the Orchestra game with your child, exploring the different elements of the orchestra.
- Take turns answering the questions in the Inquisitive Conductor section.
- Talk to your child about the different instruments that make up the orchestra. Talk about why the winds are labelled as such, and the other sections of the orchestra as well!
Playing the Orchestra game allows your child to meet many learning goals across multiple grades, including the following:
Creating and Performing: apply the creative process to create and perform music for a variety of purposes, using the elements and techniques of music.
- Help your child become more familiar with the sound of an orchestra.
- Take out a few classical CD's from the library.
- Play the CDs for your child.
- While you are listening to the music, help your child pick out the various instruments.
- Point out to your child that an orchestra can be used in many different places. For example, many songs in movies, or commercail jingles are performed by an orchestra.