Figure out the clues and complete the crossword puzzle.
- Play the Crossworld Puzzler with your child, taking turns reading the clues, and guessing the correct word.
- Try to figure out what country the game is describing after each clue. You can even set out what you think is going to happen in the beginning, for example, "I bet I can figure out what country they are talking about in 3 clues".
This activity helps your child improve vocabulary skills and learn about different countries. This game meets many expectations in multiple grades, some of which are:
Social Studies: Canada and World Connections
Identify and describe Canada’s economic, political, social, and physical links with the United States and other regions of the world.
Use editing, proofreading and publishing skills and strategies, and knowledge of language conventions.
Confirm spellings and word meanings or word choice using different types of resources.
- Using a globe or a map, take turns finding the various countries" geographical location.Talk about what you think you would see in that country.
- Encourage your child to make up his/her own crossword puzzle that you will try to solve!
- Make a crossword puzzle together with your child for another adult in the family, or a sibling to solve.
- Encourage your child to read up on the countries they are learning about through the Crossworld game using the Internet or library resources.