Create a printable bookmark with your favourite Reading Ranger.
- Have your child read the instructions. Provide support if needed.
- Make a bookmark with your child, print it, glue it on thin cardboard like a file folder or cereal box, cut it out and use it!
This activity will help your child make a personalized bookmark using pictures and text. They can print it out and colour it. This game meets many expectations in multiple grades, one of which is:
The Arts: Visual Arts
Creating and presenting: apply the creative process to produce a variety of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art works, using elements, principles and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas and understandings
- Have your child print several black and white copies of the bookmark and colour it with different media (e.g., crayons, paints, magic markers, etc.).
- Following the instructions on the print-out page, help your child make a bookmark.
- Make bookmarks revolving around a theme (e.g., western illustrations).
- For durability, cover your bookmarks in clear plastic covering or laminate them.