Create your own artwork online, send it to TVOKids or a friend, print it out and view other kids’ artwork in the gallery. There are neat art videos to watch, too.
- Watch the episodes online together. Discuss the main concept of each episode, and relate it to art work that may be hanging at home, at school or in your community.
- Take turns creating masterpieces to post on the virtual gallery.
- Look through the gallery together, and make sure to comment on the creations based on the criteria you learned about through the different episodes.
This art activity will help your child learn about art concepts such as colour, shape, lines, texture and space. (Art, Grades 1 to 6.)
- Take a tour through a local gallery or through your home (if you have art at home). Pretend that you are your kids are art critics. Take time to comment on each piece, based on concepts learned from ArtBot's episodes.
- After creating a masterpiece on the virtual Art Wall, use arts and crafts items at home to try to recreate the creation.